Carrot-Ginger Soup (“The Swiss Secret to Optimal Health” page 199)
2 T -Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 C -Leek (thinly sliced white part only)
2 t -Ginger (minced)
5 Medium- Carrots (peeled and sliced)
1 1/2 t- Muchi Curry Powder
6 C -Vegetable Broth
Garnish: Pumpkin Seeds (Optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium to low heat. Add the leek and ginger, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Add carrots and curry powder, raise the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
3. Add broth and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
5. Remove from heat and let soup cool for 15 minutes.
6. Puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
7. Season soup to taste before serving.